BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 20+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zurich, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are
The Head of Credit Risk Compliance will take responsibility for ensuring that BridgeBio complies with the requirements outlined it is loan and royalty agreements and other related agreements as appropriate. This leader will ensure that BridgeBio stakeholders understand the requirements of these agreements and that we have the right systems and processes in place to monitor operations to ensure we do not violate any of the terms of the agreement. This will require building strong relationships with internal stakeholders at BridgeBio as well as with our external partners, like our lenders.
- Credit Risk Assessment and Management:
- Evaluate and manage credit risk associated with debt and royalty investors, conducting thorough risk assessments.
- Develop strategies to mitigate credit risk exposure and ensure financial stability.
- Operationalize systems and processes to ensure compliance with all requirements from credit and other related agreements.
- Alliance Compliance Oversight:
- Monitor and enforce compliance with the covenants and terms outlined in agreements with debt and royalty investors.
- Conduct regular reviews of alliance agreements to identify potential risks and ensure adherence to contractual obligations.
- Communication and Relationship Management:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for debt and royalty investors, fostering strong and collaborative relationships.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on credit risk and alliance management strategies and goals.
- Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Conduct financial analysis related to credit risk and alliance agreements, including assessing the impact of covenants on financial performance.
- Prepare regular reports for internal and external stakeholders, summarizing credit risk status and compliance metrics.
- Negotiation and Renegotiation:
- Collaborate with legal and finance teams to negotiate and draft amendments to alliance agreements when necessary.
- Proactively identify opportunities for renegotiation to optimize terms, manage credit risk, and ensure alignment with company objectives.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Stay informed about industry best practices and regulatory changes related to credit risk management and alliance management.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives within the credit risk and alliance management functions, enhancing efficiency and effectiveness.
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive toward practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Proven experience in credit risk management and alliance management, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong understanding of financial and contractual terms, credit risk assessment, covenants, and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to implement efficient and effective processes to monitor risk.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to conduct financial analysis and assess credit risk.
- Detail-oriented, with a commitment to maintaining high standards of accuracy, compliance, and credit risk mitigation.
What We Offer
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market-competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion