Director of Corporate Development and Operations
Eidos Therapeutics is developing a novel treatment for transthyretin (TTR) amyloidosis (ATTR), a progressive, fatal disease affecting multiple organs including the heart and peripheral nerves. Current treatment options focus on managing the symptoms of the conditions, but do not address the underlying cause of the disease: TTR tetramers destabilized by mutations or age. Eidos’ lead compound, AG10, is a small molecule that binds and stabilizes TTR in the blood, preventing the formation of amyloid and potentially halting progression of the disease. Launched in 2016 after years of research supported by Stanford’s TRAM and SPARK programs, Eidos is led by a team of veteran biotechnology executives. Together with patients and physicians, the company aims to provide a safe, effective treatment for ATTR as quickly as possible.
The Director of Corporate Development and Operations will work collaboratively with a variety of company functions including R&D, finance and business development, as well as external parties, providing support for partnering activities, financing efforts, general operations and special projects. This individual will take accountability and responsibility for supporting and driving internal strategic initiatives and work products, including models, frameworks, presentations, and general operations. Special projects may include commercial assessments, corporate strategy initiatives, business development processes, financial modeling, financing support, and competitive intelligence.
Specific Qualifications / Responsibilities
- Demonstrated track record of intellectual ability to solve complex issues. Strong preference for those candidates who have done this in a corporate development or strategy role within the biotech industry. In this situation, candidate would have applied novel insights and a data-driven approach to creatively craft a strategy or resolve a problem.
- Strong strategic thinking. Experience and ability to develop and articulate complex strategic issues and ideas (e.g., Research strategy, corporate strategy). Must be able to articulate a story verbally and through presentation materials.
- Nimble and agile. Must be able to work on multiple projects with overlapping timelines and meet all deadlines. Needs to be able to quickly digest and prioritize information.
- Industry knowledge. Must be adept and knowledgeable about the biotech and biopharma segment. Must be able to digest information on key players, their portfolios, strengths and weaknesses. Must understand key drivers of success in sector and have a point of view on these as it pertains to Eidos.
- Outstanding Excel and quantitative modeling. Comfortable developing and interpreting long term financial models (P&L) as well as constructing “back of envelope” analyses to help support work.
- Strong intellectual capability and independent, critical thinker
- Data driven approach to analysis and problem-solving
- Self-driven and proactive
- Ability to multi-task; Willingness to work hands-on on multiple projects
- Ethics, integrity and maturity to work with senior level leaders
- Strong team-oriented ethos and collaborative style
- Flexible – comfortable with fluid objectives and priorities
- Ability to work cross functionally and understand the motivations of colleagues in other functions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate degree, either MBA from top tier institution or PhD or MD.
- 2-4 years of experience (post graduate degree) in biotech industry in strategy, corporate development or related business roles