BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines.
BridgeBio Pharma, Inc.
San Francisco, California
BridgeBio has a number of key commercial launches coming up spanning diverse therapeutic areas across oncology and Mendelian diseases. Many of these launches will be supported by key central functions and require build-out at the level of each subsidiary. The Chief of Staff (CoS) to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) will have a key role in supporting both central and subsidiary activities, often standing in for the CCO and gaining unprecedented exposure across all stages and functions of commercial activity.
Who You Are
The candidate must have demonstrated excellence at managing diverse stakeholders, many at a very senior level, and exquisite attention to detail. Given the strong focus on science within BridgeBio and the desire to have this value read through to launches, the candidate must have a strong medical and scientific background.
The role of the CoS is meant to provide broad exposure over the course of 2-3 years after which the candidate may choose which function and/or subsidiary company to focus their efforts in a senior role.
- Drive execution and performance of strategic initiatives and objectives
- Deliver key strategic and operational projects such as handling Medical Affairs projects, building out target lists, working with MSL and PSP
- Drive commercialization strategy, innovation, prioritization, prelaunch readiness, and resource optimization
- Ensure CCO has a broad view of key considerations, and elevate issues as necessary
- Formulate recommendations for key decisions to be made by CCO
- Attend and/or facilitate meetings on behalf of CCO
- Condense large amounts of complex scientific information into simplified actionable insights
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements
- Passionate about getting drugs into the patient’s hands as fast and efficiently as is humanly possible
- 2-4 years of relevant business experience from consulting, banking, or industry
- MD or MD Ph.D. degree
- Commercial experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, including marketing, market access, and/or sales is a plus
- Ability to translate high volumes of ambiguous or conflicting information into crisp and actionable insights
- Foresight and creativity in anticipating and resolving complex project and team issues
- Exemplary interpersonal, negotiation, and relationship management skills
- Outstanding strategic thinking, analytical, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships across functions and at all levels, including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to influence others while fostering an environment of high performance and fairness
- Goal-oriented and results-driven
- Fast (extremely fast) learner, proactive, takes initiative
What we offer
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; act nimbly, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so