Origin Biosciences, a subsidiary of BridgeBio Pharma, is a biotechnology company focused on developing and commercializing a treatment for Molybdenum Cofactor Deficiency (MoCD) Type A. Origin is led by a team of veteran biotechnology executives. Together with patients and physicians, the company aims to bring a safe, effective treatment for MoCD Type A to market as quickly as possible.
The Origin MSL is responsible for liaising with a variety of internal and external customers, providing medical and scientific information on the appropriate utilization of Origin therapy(s), field insights, with therapeutic area and disease state area knowledge. This field-based position will build healthcare provider support, leveraging a scientific approach that is aligned with medical affairs objectives and therapeutic area medical plan. The Origin MSL will be a credible representative of Origin Biosciences in a variety of interactions with KOL’s across their assigned region.
The Origin Medical Science Liaison (MSL) job involves cultivating and maintaining relationships with academic researchers, therapeutic area leaders, relevant research centers and organizations, attending conferences and presentations, and engaging in scientific exchange with physicians and other healthcare professionals. The Origin MSL will work closely with other personnel within Origin to support the product development process by translating insights, academic information, and congress interactions. They will strategically prepare and support the development, launch and commercialization of Origin therapy(s) through scientific exchange, seeking external insight to shape QED understanding of the therapeutic environment. This position will require extensive travel sometimes involving weekends.
- Developing relationships with various health care professionals, and providing them with credible, fair balanced, scientific information about Origin Therapy(s), research activities, and Origin product development.
- The Origin MSL will be a major source of balanced medical information for HCPs and will be skilled in issues management and addressing unsolicited questions about safety and off-label use of Origin products based on available scientific data.
- Territory planning and development will be a key activity. This plan may be dynamic with respect to the molecule, molecule life-cycle, therapeutic area, and territory. The Origin MSL will liaise with key internal stakeholders to build a comprehensive action-oriented plan.
- The Origin MSL is expected to become a therapeutic area and product expert. This will be evidenced by regular review of relevant literature, participation in scientific congresses and conferences, including Origin therapeutic area training sessions, to establish and maintain an up-to-date knowledge base.
- The Origin MSL will be instrumental in internal training and communication. Knowledge sharing, including KOL and site profiling, and education both internally and externally will be a key area of responsibility.
- The Origin MSL will assist the Medical Affairs team in the identification of potential investigators and research projects. This may include assistance with investigator sponsored trial process, sponsored study site identification, recruitment strategies, and collaboration with clinical operations.
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Candidates with an MD, PhD, PharmD, Genetic Counseling as well as other advanced healthcare degrees will be considered.
- 3+ years in field medical affairs a must.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills (including networking).
- Able to participate in a scientific dialogue with KOL’s and researchers.
- Excellent teaching skills and ability to present and discuss scientific material clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to create and sustain relationships with industry leaders.
- Skilled in clinical research and an understanding of the process of pharmaceutical product development and approval.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively with minimal supervision in a constantly changing environment.
What we offer:
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts; and let science speak.
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves.
- Collaborative business environment.
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs.
- Fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities.
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry.
- Partnerships with leading institutions.
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine.
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts.
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead and supported in their efforts to do so.