BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
The Computational Genetics Team aims to add a full-type employee to its ranks to build and maintain systems that acquire, transform and serve human genetic data. This person will be an integral part of the Computational Genetics Team. Besides the essential responsibilities, a senior-level engineer will be expected to design the data processing systems.
The Computational Genetics Team at BridgeBio:
• Support data-driven scientific decision-making for the Business Development
• Team in considering novel opportunities.
• Provide on-demand data science and bioinformatics support to 20+ affiliates of BridgeBio.
• Develop a computational target discovery pipeline for internal novel drug development.
The team designs, develops, maintains, and operates software tools and data processing systems to analyze human genetic and oncology data and produces reports to intra-company stakeholders.
- Reading, understanding, and teaching others about selected external data sources (I.e., details about size, restrictions, content, releases, access, etc.)
- Obtaining, safekeeping, renewing data administrator credentials that grant access to such data sources. Maintaining relationship with the external owners of such data sources (E.g., knowing who we should write to troubleshoot data access or sending mandatory reports.)
- Installing, configuring, and providing general administrative support for the database solution, as well as applying regular updates to the system
- Implementing custom data solutions: Downloading, Cleaning, Transforming, Summarizing, Serving, Visualizing
- Familiarity with bioinformatics methods of human population genetics and cancer genomics
- Designing data infrastructure components. Presenting such designs to the team. Collaboratively iterating the design. Making cost estimates based on usage patterns
- Researching and summarizing the benefits and drawbacks of database solutions, educating team members. Establishing and maintaining relationships with data solution vendors and discovering the trade-offs by reading between the lines
- Designing custom data solutions: Downloading, Cleaning, Transforming, Summarizing, Serving, Visualizing
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Experience analyzing human genetic and oncology NGS datasets and using best in class analysis pipelines
- Developing stand-alone libraries
- Developing pipelines of scripts and command-line tools
- Knowledge of at least one testing suit
- Using branches locally, resolving merge conflicts locally
- Setting up and managing remote repositories (such as Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket)
- Collaborating on remote repository: working with protected branches, submitting and resolving merge requests
- Familiarity with S3
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Any experience with the following is a plus: Apache Spark, Databricks and/or Delta Lake, Human genetic variant data, Hail tables, R, Regular expressions, or CI/CD
- Affinity to give honest, continually updating estimates about the time needed for finishing work.
- Generously with appreciation and praise.
- Managing expectations: Striving to under-promise and over-perform.
- Proactively learning and respecting privacy and safety guidelines.
- Jumping on the opportunity to describe, clarify, elaborate
- Anticipating and welcoming questions
- Motivated to write notes, documentation
- Erring on the side of too much information, not too little
- Creative in using tools to find the best format for conveying knowledge
- General interest in a wide range of topics
- Enthusiastic listener
- Identifying missing information
- Tracking down the necessary informational resources
At least intermediate-level Python, which includes:
Version control with git, which includes:
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.