BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
Sourcing and Scientific Insights (SSI) is a newly established business development team at BridgeBio responsible for finding our future pipeline drugs based on ideas of academic origin. Over two-thirds of our pipeline has originated from academia so far, and we believe that a flexible partnering approach towards academia helps catalyze our ability to develop meaningful medicines.
You would play a lead role in helping us redefine how the industry engages with academia across the development spectrum from idea conceptualization to proof-of-concept. Acting as an ambassador of BridgeBio to academia, you would be responsible for conveying the BridgeBio investment thesis, synthesizing detailed technical feedback to investigators and universities, implementing partnerships with academic institutions, and developing our strategy for academic interactions towards the goal of sourcing new potential pipeline programs.
- Drive initiatives that increase our collaboration with all facets of academia – universities, tech incubators, start-ups, and individual investigators. This role will also engage with venture capital groups to ensure we are aware of and evaluate upcoming genetic disease companies
- Evaluate a constant stream of new ideas and projects, and provide post-evaluation feedback to investigators and program leads
- Interpret, collate, and communicate key findings to other teams within BridgeBio
- Manage ongoing academic collaborations, including sponsored research partnerships with incubator and university allies
- Willingness to manage and mentor junior members of the team
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Must be passionate about getting drugs into patient’s hands as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, genetics, or related life science fields
- 3+ years of life science experience
- Prior experience managing small teams is a plus
- Ability and passion for carrying on conversations of scientific depth with academic investigators and scientists
- Willing to travel to learn about cutting edge science from universities and conferences worldwide
- A high degree of comfort in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.