BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
The Vice President & General Manager, EU West (France, Belgium & Netherlands) will serve as a critical member of the International Leadership Team. This individual will have complete responsibility for establishing BridgeBio's presence in the EU West region and successfully launching our innovative line of products while serving as a leader representing BridgeBio with external constituents. The EU West General Manager will bring an ability to operate at the executive level, applying their experience and knowledge in commercial operations to bring maximum benefit to patients and create outstanding value for the company's shareholders. This individual will be a performance-driven executive capable of building and driving the organization to realize the potential of BridgeBio's transformational therapies in concert with the International HQ operation.
- Build and lead the EU West organization to the successful development, launch, and commercialization of the company's medicines to treat severe genetic and rare diseases while balancing the need for appropriate prelaunch investment and risk management
- Establish local operations infrastructure coordinating closely with BridgeBio leadership; provide collaborative business leadership to all geographies and allied functions, including but not limited to regulatory, medical affairs, finance, market access, and commercial ops
- Responsible for developing and driving a comprehensive and rational regional and local business plan in alignment with the company's international strategy and objectives
- Development and execution of novel policy, reimbursement, and pricing strategies that ensure eligible patients have access to BridgeBio's therapies while assuring alignment with international corporate objectives
- Ensures organizational readiness for multiple launches with appropriate infrastructure in place
- Accountable for delivering Regional and Local P&L, optimizing business performance, and delivering transformational therapies to patients with a severe genetic and rare disease
- Represent BridgeBio in developing and maintaining solid relationships with key opinion leaders, customers including representatives of local/regional healthcare system, payors, patient and industry associations, and other constituencies
- Understands and anticipates trends (macro, economic, political) impacting industry and company strategy. Actively identifies risks and opportunities, develops appropriate action plans, and communicates effectively with BridgeBio leadership
- Provide leadership and guidance for all functional representatives in the cluster
- Acts with a high level of professionalism, ethics, and discretion
- Reinforce BridgeBio's core values and include those in all initiatives, from hiring new collaborators to selecting external business partners
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
The above job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of job incumbents' activities, duties, and responsibilities. Therefore, job incumbents are expected to perform all other duties as assigned or required, as training and experience allow.
BridgeBio reserves the right to modify this job description as deemed necessary by changing position and evolving business requirements.
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in the conception, development, and execution of marketing strategies for highly specialized products (ideally in rare diseases and/or specialized medicines) in Europe and other markets
- Experience building, leading, and developing high-performance teams; a minimum of 10 years in executive leadership roles with P&L responsibility, especially in France
- Experience working collaboratively across functions and geographies to formulate strategy and drive regional and local execution
- Commercial launch experience in specialty, orphan, or rare disease
- Proven track record of performance via consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, and qualitative goals
- Demonstrated expertise in marketing of rare disease products to diverse customer segments is preferred, including physician, payer, and consumer on both a country and cluster level
- Must be able to analyze financial data as well as industry data related to sales, market share, price/volume, call activity, market research, etc. Must be able to maximize all market research data and communicate its results and application
- Experience in France is necessary; ideally, candidates will have a proven track record of aligning "feet on the ground" experience in France to elevate the regional success of an organization
- Capability to envision and articulate the process towards commercialization, milestones, and progress and appropriately align expectations
- Comfortable with rolling up the sleeves, particularly in this early start-up phase for the affiliate's office; ability to demonstrate flexibility, comfortable with ambiguity, and proven experience in orchestrating change in a complex organization
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.