About BridgeBioX and BridgeBio Pharma
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBio recently formed a discovery research group called BridgeBioX. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
Are you someone that thrives in fast-paced and start-up environments? Do you want to make a difference in patients with genetic diseases? We seek a hard-working and detail-oriented Associate Scientist/Scientist to work on high-risk, high-reward programs within a culture that celebrates failures as long as they were scientifically rigorous and conclusive. Our team of Scientists needs someone with expertise in biochemistry and molecular biology techniques to work with and mentor.
You will contribute to discovery and development assays for some of the most challenging and high-impact genetic diseases and bring our early discovery, pre-clinical programs to the next level. Suppose you have expertise in developing and optimizing various biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular assays and want to be on the ground floor to build this internal capability at BridgeBio. In that case, we want to hear from you.
- Help drive basic research towards the clinic at hyper-speed
- Collaborate with Scientists on Assay design and execution
- Support execution, data analysis, and interpretation of experiments within our laboratory
- Communicate findings and implications to senior leadership
- Use a variety of cellular, genetic, and pharmacological techniques to advance multiple candidates from discovery research to clinical development
- Maintain detailed notes, draft protocols for experiments, and plan for required reagents
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- PhD in a relevant scientific field (e.g., biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical biology, neuroscience, biophysics, cell biology, biological/chemical engineering, etc.)
- Demonstrated record of achievement as evidenced by first-author publications, grants, patents, scholarships, or awards
- Experience in cell culture, transfection, imaging of mammalian cell lines and primary cells
- Experience with a wide range of biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology techniques, including immunohistochemistry (IHC), ELISA, Western blot, qPCR, RT-PCR, and immunofluorescence
- Experience in cell line construction and selection, virus packaging, and transduction is a strong plus
- Experience with CRISPR, mass spectrometry (MS), and/or glycobiology a strong plus
- Experience with data analysis and visualization programs such as Matlab, ImageJ/ImageStudio, python, GraphPad Prism, and PyMol is a plus
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy, high-throughput drug screening, and/structure biology is desirable but not required
- Ability to work collaboratively with broad BridgeBio research team and to be a strong team player
- Research integrity, enthusiasm, self-motivation, flexibility, and readiness/ability to learn new methods are critical
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.