BridgeBio Gene Therapy, a subsidiary of BridgeBio Pharma, is focused on discovering and developing drugs for patients with grievous genetic diseases. We do this by:
Finding the right starting points to target diseases at their source.
Using a combination of a systematic assessment of the genetic disease landscape and informed diligence on the latest research, we find indications with clear mechanisms of pathogenesis that are ripe for translation into disease-modifying drugs.
Building products with world-class R&D personnel.
We employ industry-leading scientists that work closely with leading academics to prosecute a wide variety of drug programs at the highest level of scientific rigor. Our team combines biopharmaceutical veterans with up-and-coming leaders to drive entrepreneurial thinking grounded by experience.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas, including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
The Associate Scientist of Biophysical Chemistry-Analytical Development will be a member of the CMC Analytical Development team. The primary focus of the position is sample analysis in support of the optimization and development of our cGMP processes for the manufacture of AAV-based gene therapies however, the scope of the role will also include assistance in the development of new separation and biophysical assays to further define and assess our gene therapy vectors. In addition, this individual will collaborate closely with the Nonclinical and Process Development functions.
- Support upstream and downstream process development by generating timely analytical test results regarding quality attributes of drug substance and process intermediates
- Testing of routine samples and minimizing turnaround times while prioritizing work according to program needs to make sure timelines are met
- Optimize, troubleshoot, and execute analytical assays such as electrophoresis (SDS PAGE, Silver stain, CE, C-iEF), liquid chromatography (H/UPLC), ELISA
- Contribute to the execution of experiments for qualitative and quantitative characterization of recombinant AAV-based gene therapy candidates
- Assist with data acquisition and data analysis
- Author technical reports, work instructions, standard operating procedures, and qualification/validation protocols
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and analytical testing methods when necessary—support laboratory operations including instrument maintenance and supplies management
- Ensure all experimental procedures and documentation are compliant with the highest quality and regulatory standards
- Document experimental data, results, and conclusions in an electronic laboratory notebook
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- BS or MS Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry, Virology or a related field
- Ideally, at least 1+ years of industrial experience in biotechnology and/or the biopharmaceutical field
- Proven hands-on experience and working knowledge with some or most of the following assays: ELISA-based assays, Spectrophotometry, Electrophoresis, liquid chromatography
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation and analytical test methods
- Must have solid scientific documentation skills to support the writing of notebook entries, protocols, and technical reports for internal documents
- The candidate must be a self-motivated and detail-oriented person who can effectively communicate results and conclusions to his/her colleagues, other functions, and management
- The qualified candidate must be a team player that can effectively partner with diverse team members from various functions such as preclinical and process development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.