BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
We seek an entrepreneurial corporate strategy and operations leader to lead our mission to accelerate drug development globally, particularly in China. This is a unique opportunity to combine your solid scientific background with conceptual problem-solving skills. You will help charter the path of our overall activities in China, accelerate existing clinical and upcoming commercial activities, and help bring the overall company to the next level with a broad global presence.
Across all topics related to China, you will own & shape strategic, operational, and external-facing facets of value-driving subsidiaries, including the business plan, scientific plan, strategy, budget, and more. A keen understanding of the scientific rationale, unmet medical needs, and willingness to interpret & question development and commercial design will be vital. Other responsibilities will include competitive intelligence, financial modeling, leading team meetings, and managing partnerships. You will be relied upon to be a detailed and rational problem-solver who thinks independently, improvises, and inspires excellence.
- Drive clinical, regulatory, and commercialization strategy, innovation, prioritization, pre-launch readiness, and resource optimization in the Asia Pacific across the BridgeBio portfolio
- Identify, and evaluate together with the broader diligence team on inbound and outbound business development opportunities
- Manage existing partnerships in China
- Ability & desire to identify problems, locate the resources and find data-driven solutions independent of supervision
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- M.D., Ph.D. in life sciences or significant life science exposure through academic experience
- Native speaker of Mandarin, preferably with prior education or working experience in China
- Operating/Program management experience working with a close-knit team at a biotech startup or top tier pharma
- Exposure to healthcare and pharmaceuticals industry in China, through Management Consulting or Banking experience from top tier firm or with leading pharma and biotechs with international exposure
- You are patient-driven – Everything we do impacts the life of a patient
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive in an intense environment – whatever your background, you are pressure tested.
- You have the confidence to chart your course – you can identify problems, locate the resources, and find data-driven solutions independent of supervision
- Unrivaled sense of urgency – like our unique drug development processes, our employees need to optimize for speed
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.