With singular focus, QED Therapeutics, a subsidiary of BridgeBio Pharma, is devoted to the development of our investigational candidate, infigratinib. A first-in-class, selective, tyrosine kinase inhibitor, infigratinib has promising early clinical data in patients with previously treated, FGFR-driven cholangiocarcinoma and metastatic urothelial carcinoma, as well as preclinical studies in achondroplasia. Future studies will investigate infigratinib for additional FGFR-driven tumor types and rare disorders.
FGFR=fibroblast growth factor receptor.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas, including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh with small satellites in other parts of the country.
Who You Are:
The Senior Scientist – Translational Medicine is a non-laboratory position in which the individual will serve as the clinical biomarker lead for multiple Phase 2 and Phase 3 clinical trials and contribute to the analysis of genomic data from clinical and in vivo tumor samples. The incumbent will report to the Senior Director of Translational Medicine and work closely with members of the Clinical Development and Clinical Operations teams to build efficiencies and processes for quality biomarker testing for clinical trial eligibility. In addition, the Senior Scientist will apply their acquired knowledge to analyze genomic data from patient samples and animal models to advance the development of QED’s targeted therapies.
- Manage day-to-day collaboration with external companion diagnostics vendors to ensure timely and quality execution of diagnostic assays to support multiple ongoing Phase 2 and Phase 3 clinical trials
- Serve as an integral member of cross-functional teams, accountable for timely and quality biomarker testing in support of the clinical trials
- Work closely with Clinical Development and Clinical Operations teams to remove barriers to clinical biomarker testing
- Author biomarker content for clinical trial materials (e.g., clinical protocols, lab manuals, informed consent documents) to ensure that biomarker testing aligns with the Clinical Development and Translational Medicine research goals
- Contribute to the analysis of biomarker data from DNA and RNA analysis of clinical samples, in vivo models, and cell lines
- Assist in the design and execution of in vivo experiment to assess antitumor efficacy and PK/PD characteristics of targeted therapies
- Contribute to authorship of research protocols, SOPs, training slides, external-facing materials, posters, and publications
- Establish core competencies and standard practices for oncology clinical biomarkers
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, cancer genetics, genomics with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- Experience with biomarker testing in Phase 1-3 clinical trials
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) diagnostic platforms for solid tumors and/or liquid biopsy required
- Working knowledge of CAP/CLIA laboratories and companion diagnostics (CDx) preferred
- Experience writing content for clinical protocols and regulatory submissions
- A strong background in cancer research as demonstrated by a record of peer-reviewed publications
- Highly organized with effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective management of time and effort to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a lean, collaborative, cross-functional, matrix environment
- The successful candidate will put patients first, let the science speak, think independently, strive for transparency, and be economical in their time management
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.