BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in the US (San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, Raleigh), and EMEA (Zug, Switzerland) with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
BridgeBio is looking for a Director, Managed Markets to lead the country's Central Region for BridgeBio's portfolio of Commercialized assets. This position will report to the Executive Director, Market Access. This individual is responsible for engaging with Commercial Payers, Government Payers, and PBM's in the Central part of the country.
The Director, Managed Markets will play a critical Commercial role in support of BridgeBio assets. The primary goal will be to access and educate National & Regional Payers/PBMs on current and future products, optimizing new product introduction and uptake in the marketplace. Upon FDA approval, the Director, Managed Markets will ensure appropriate product coverage and provide practical support to Salesforce to assist with access issues and denied claims. The Director, Managed Markets will work collaboratively with internal colleagues to pull through and communicate policy changes to appropriate accounts, Commercial Leadership, and Field Sales.
The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and must be able to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Legal, Compliance, Sales, & Market Access. Additionally, exceptional judgment, business acumen, discretion, communication skills, the ability to empathize, and strong relationship-building skills are a must.
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships within National/Regional Commercial Payers, PBM's, Physician Accounts, Medicaid, and other assigned accounts for each subsidiary
- Develop strategic business plans and aligned tactics for customers to ensure access to all company products and indications
- Ability to utilize and build relationships with key policy and formulary decision-makers within the Payer, IDN/ACO, & other assigned accounts in the business segment to ensure coverage
- Work cross-functionally with Commercial entities, including Medical, Trade, Sales, and Operations, to ensure a collaborative approach and end-user access and understanding of current and future assets
- Ability to build proactive relationships with Sales Colleagues, providing policy and coverage updates and education in support of product access
- Extensive knowledge of the payer environment, including legislation/policies and the ability to engage in internal/external teamwork, are crucial to success in this role
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of Biotech/Pharma experience, five of which must be at a National Account level calling on Payers/PBM's in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ideally, this individual will have well-established key contacts at the National & Regional level
- Oncology and Rare Disease experience are required
- Contracting experience with Payers and/or Centers of Excellence preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must have a solid understanding of the Payer sector, including knowledge of Medical/Pharmacy Benefit Designs, current legislation, and Medicaid (Managed/FFS)
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop sound strategies in response to the current Healthcare Marketplace
- Exhibit superior communication (oral and written) and teamwork skills to effectively contribute across cross-functional teams
- Experience establishing and maintaining high-level relationships with key decision-makers
- Ability to understand and present complex clinical data for approved indications
- 50 - 60% Travel
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.