BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
BridgeBio is looking for a Director, Managed Markets to lead the country's Central Region for BridgeBio's portfolio of Commercialized assets. This position will report to the Executive Director, Market Access. This individual is responsible for engaging with Commercial Payers, Government Payers, and PBM's in the Central part of the country.
The Director, Managed Markets will play a critical Commercial role in support of BridgeBio assets. The primary goal will be to access and educate National & Regional Payers/PBMs on current and future products, optimizing new product introduction and uptake in the marketplace. Upon FDA approval, the Director, Managed Markets will ensure appropriate product coverage and provide practical support to Salesforce to assist with access issues and denied claims. The Director, Managed Markets will work collaboratively with internal colleagues to pull through and communicate policy changes to appropriate accounts, Commercial Leadership, and Field Sales.
The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and must be able to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Legal, Compliance, Sales, & Market Access. Additionally, exceptional judgment, business acumen, discretion, communication skills, the ability to empathize, and strong relationship-building skills are a must.
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships within National/Regional Commercial Payers, PBM's, Physician Accounts, Medicaid, and other assigned accounts for each subsidiary
- Develop strategic business plans and aligned tactics for customers to ensure access to all company products and indications
- Ability to utilize and build relationships with key policy and formulary decision-makers within the Payer, IDN/ACO, & other assigned accounts in the business segment to ensure coverage
- Work cross-functionally with Commercial entities, including Medical, Trade, Sales, and Operations, to ensure a collaborative approach and end-user access and understanding of current and future assets
- Ability to build proactive relationships with Sales Colleagues, providing policy and coverage updates and education in support of product access
- Extensive knowledge of the payer environment, including legislation/policies and the ability to engage in internal/external teamwork, are crucial to success in this role
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of Biotech/Pharma experience, five of which must be at a National Account level calling on Payers/PBM's in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ideally, this individual will have well-established key contacts at the National & Regional level
- Oncology and Rare Disease experience are required
- Contracting experience with Payers and/or Centers of Excellence preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must have a solid understanding of the Payer sector, including knowledge of Medical/Pharmacy Benefit Designs, current legislation, and Medicaid (Managed/FFS)
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop sound strategies in response to the current Healthcare Marketplace
- Exhibit superior communication (oral and written) and teamwork skills to effectively contribute across cross-functional teams
- Experience establishing and maintaining high-level relationships with key decision-makers
- Ability to understand and present complex clinical data for approved indications
- 50 - 60% Travel
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.