About BridgeBioX and BridgeBio Pharma
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBio recently formed a discovery research group called BridgeBioX. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to lead preclinical pharmacology work, and bring our research programs in genetic medicine into clinic. The Director/Senior Director of Preclinical Pharmacology will play a critical role in enabling in vivo pharmacology for therapeutics from spanning multiple treatment modalities and therapeutic areas. Candidates must have extensive relevant industrial experience including evidence for scientific leadership in the design and execution of complex studies aimed at nonclinical testing of therapeutically relevant hypotheses in animal models of disease. Candidates should be self-starters, comfortable with autonomy, and embrace opportunities to tackle new problems and challenges as part of a dynamic team in a start-up-like environment.
The Director/Senior Director of Preclinical Pharmacology will be part of the scientific leadership team at BridgeBioX, which also includes experts in assay development, target validation, high-throughput screening, medicinal chemistry, and experimental human biology. For all animal studies, the Director/Senior Director will work in close coordination with our managed vivarium and/or will manage relationships with contract research organizations. The candidate will apply industry experience in preclinical pharmacology to support a portfolio of genetic disease projects at BridgeBio across multiple modalities, with a focus on small molecules. The role will require hands-on mentorship of early career scientists to advance program projects.
- Design and execute on all in vivo pharmacology studies in our research portfolio
- Provide strategy and vision; make decisions that establish objectives for the overall direction or operation of one or multiple preclinical programs
- Manage and mentor internal teams to efficiently to drive projects forward
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive toward practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences, Pharmacology, Toxicology, or related discipline; strong publication record is a plus
- 10+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in in vivo pharmacology
- Strong intellectual curiosity as demonstrated by routine engagement with scientific community and familiarity with literature
- Direct experience and willingness to continue design pharmacology study with hands on involvement
- Experience in bringing programs into clinic
- Exposure to DMPK modelling, small molecule drug development, and technical and nontechnical writing are highly desirable
- Capacity to write and synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood
- Experience in managing technical tasks performed by Contract Research Organizations, as well as contract vivarium
- Excellent interpersonal skills and mentorship mindset, with a proven track record of building and mentoring research teams
What We Offer
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market-competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion