Who You Are:
Do you want to be a part of the next-level discovery team to test “moonshots” in genetic disease at BridgeBioX? We seek entrepreneurial scientists to work on high-risk, high-reward programs. The successful candidate will be a results-driven scientist with extensive experience in Medicinal Chemistry and a keen understanding of the drug discovery process. They will partner with experienced drug hunters, CROs, and academic collaborators to deliver IND-ready candidates for clinical testing. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced, and growing environment.
You will lead and contribute to the discovery and development of therapeutics in some of the most challenging and high-impact research areas.
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBioX is a recently formed discovery research group where BridgeBio leverages extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
- Lead Medicinal Chemistry efforts for BridgeBioX small molecule drug discovery programs
- Design and execute medicinal chemistry strategies in an outsourced environment. Manage synthetic chemistry CROs to deliver high-quality data in a timely manner
- Interpret biological and ADME data and design novel compounds that possess increasingly druglike profiles
- Collaborate with academic researchers to leverage external knowledge
- Manage interactions with cross-functional team leaders to support compound progression
- Develop, implement, and deliver on team collaborations: including initial proposal development, planning timelines and resources, monitoring milestones and final deliverables
- Provide well-organized reports and presentations to project teams and senior management
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry with 10+ years of drug discovery experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated record of advancing multiple drug discovery programs from target validation through clinical candidate selection as evidenced by INDs, first-author publications, grants, patents, scholarships, or awards
- Knowledgeable and skilled in designing and conducting vast arrays of assays to characterize compounds
- Experience in managing diverse and multiple CROs
- Experience in structure-based drug design and optimization of ADME/PK properties
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.