BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
The Director, Program Management will provide professional program management support for the BBIO Portfolio of discovery and clinical-stage development programs and companies (Affiliates). This person will report to the Head of Program Management and actively partner with individual BBIO Affiliates to ensure efficient project planning, execution, and communication of strategic objectives and progress to senior management. This person may also provide project management support to individual Affiliates and project teams.
An essential aspect of this role will also support the integration of Project Management process improvements and standard tools across BBIO to establish best practices for continued organizational growth.
You must have recent experience tracking and reporting the progress of multiple programs in an extensive portfolio, as well as a proven ability to manage individual drug development projects at the team level for early development and clinical-stage programs. You should have an affinity for BBIO’s overall mission and a strong desire to help research and development teams efficiently achieve their goals in a collegial team environment.
- Coordinate program/project reviews and track individual program metrics across the Portfolio
- Support Affiliate Team Leader/s to ensure consistent communication and presentation of project plan performance, key risks, and mitigations to Senior Management
- Monitor and organize metrics and key milestones across the entire Portfolio; prepare reports and dashboards for periodic updates to senior management and stakeholders
- Ensure timely completion of program materials for internal and external presentations
- Build and enhance Program and Project Management functions at BBIO; establish a PMO
- Identify opportunities to harmonize Project Management processes and best practices across BBIO affiliates and programs; develop a Project Management Office (PMO) toolkit to increase team efficiency and communication
- Establish a PMO software solution that can automate metric reporting and tracking for the entire Portfolio and create specific dashboards for various stakeholders
- Enthusiastically communicate within affiliates and across BBIO to share learnings
- Provide project management support at the affiliate/project level
- Create and manage detailed project plans and assumptions, timelines, and budgets
- Actively partner with affiliate leads to anticipate project constraints and risks and mitigate problems that may impact project progress (scope, timeline, and budget)
- Support and facilitate efficient project team meeting(s): schedule, set agendas, document, and distribute meeting minutes which include vital decisions and actions. Ensure meeting actions are completed, and outcomes are communicated
- Identify opportunities to improve teamwork, team member accountability, and communication
- Partner with other functional areas of the BBIO business.
- Actively partner with FP&A and affiliates to prepare annual budgets and update financial forecasts consistent with development plan goals
- Enhance communication between affiliate Program Management leads; enhance learnings through the BBIO PM Forum group
- Support program information flow to other BBIO central departments.
- Assist in acquiring and developing talent in the PM department; manage and mentor direct reports and support their professional development
- Actively contribute to a work environment that supports BBIO’s core values
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- 8 - 12 years of drug development project/program management experience in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience organizing, tracking, and reporting metrics from an extensive portfolio of projects
- Represents a depth of project management and drug development knowledge to drive activities with a high degree of independence. Skilled in managing cross-functional project teams and coordinating all aspects of drug development to achieve milestones (e.g., pre-clinical, CMC, regulatory, clinical, quality, commercial, etc.)
- Established ability to create comprehensive project plans outlining critical path activities, assumptions, timelines, and budgets
- Extremely detailed organizational skills and proactive problem solver
- Experience and knowledge of pre-IND through Phase 2-3 multi-center clinical trials; global trials, and NDA experience a plus
- Knowledge of FDA and ex-US regulatory requirements
- Experience in building a Project Management Office (PMO) and establishing creative reporting tools for program metrics across an extensive portfolio. Expert skills with the Microsoft Office Suite, SmartSheet, or other tracking and reporting solutions
- Ability to communicate with multiple remote teams and build strong relationships to foster efficient teamwork
- Ability to recruit, hire, manage and mentor direct reports and support their professional development
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline is preferred but not required
- Travel (travel between affiliates is to be expected)
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.