Who You Are:
Do you consider your life’s calling supporting researchers in the lab and ensuring they can do the best science possible? We seek a hard-working and detail-oriented (Senior) Lab Associate/Manager to support our team of research associates and scientists. We are looking for someone with expertise in laboratory management, equipment maintenance, supply purchasing, and routine laboratory tasks to ensure that the team can move forward quickly with early discovery research projects. The position title/level is flexible depending on your degree and experience.
Your support will directly impact our team, working on some of the most challenging and high-impact genetic diseases. If you have an excellent eye for detail and experience working in a molecular or cellular laboratory environment, we would love to hear from you.
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBioX is a recently formed discovery research group where BridgeBio leverages extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
- Manage the orders for lab/office materials, furnishings, supplies, and equipment with an understanding of cost savings
- Collaborate with the entire team on ensuring the lab runs smoothly
- Build and manage productive relationships with vendors and maintenance
- Streamline processes within the office, laboratory, and facilities
- Perform inspections to identify any safety and tenant improvements issues
- Act as a liaison and communicate with property management, building engineers, and vendors with facilities-related concerns
- Manage preventive maintenance schedules for equipment
- Ensure the laboratory is a safe environment and compliance with EH&S
- Maintain a clean and organized office and laboratory
- Provide additional support to researchers as needed
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- BS / MS / Ph.D.
- 3-10 years of experience in a laboratory support/management role
- Industry experience at a biotech/pharma is a plus
- Able to design, develop, and implement management systems
- In-depth knowledge of shipping & receiving
- Strong technical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a demonstrated ability to maintain clear, accurate, and up-to-date records
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-up skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with broad BridgeBio research team and to be a strong team player
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, flexibility, and readiness/ability to take on and learn new things is critical
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.