Who You Are:
Do you consider your life’s calling supporting researchers in the lab and ensuring they can do the best science possible? We seek a hard-working and detail-oriented (Senior) Lab Associate/Manager to support our team of research associates and scientists. We are looking for someone with expertise in laboratory management, equipment maintenance, supply purchasing, and routine laboratory tasks to ensure that the team can move forward quickly with early discovery research projects. The position title/level is flexible depending on your degree and experience.
Your support will directly impact our team, working on some of the most challenging and high-impact genetic diseases. If you have an excellent eye for detail and experience working in a molecular or cellular laboratory environment, we would love to hear from you.
About BridgeBioX and BridgeBio Pharma
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBio recently formed a discovery research group called BridgeBioX. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
- Manage the orders for lab/office materials, furnishings, supplies, and equipment with an understanding of cost savings
- Collaborate with the entire team on ensuring the lab runs smoothly
- Build and manage productive relationships with vendors and maintenance
- Streamline processes within the office, laboratory, and facilities
- Perform inspections to identify any safety and tenant improvements issues
- Act as a liaison and communicate with property management, building engineers, and vendors with facilities-related concerns
- Manage preventive maintenance schedules for equipment
- Ensure the laboratory is a safe environment and compliance with EH&S
- Maintain a clean and organized office and laboratory
- Provide additional support to researchers as needed
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- BS / MS / Ph.D.
- 3-10 years of experience in a laboratory support/management role
- Industry experience at a biotech/pharma is a plus
- Able to design, develop, and implement management systems
- In-depth knowledge of shipping & receiving
- Strong technical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a demonstrated ability to maintain clear, accurate, and up-to-date records
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-up skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with broad BridgeBio research team and to be a strong team player
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, flexibility, and readiness/ability to take on and learn new things is critical
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.