We, BridgeBio, an innovative biotechnology company catalyzing personalized medicine in cancer and orphan disease, has an outstanding opportunity for a Scientist position for biochemistry, cell biology and cancer biology. Our goal is to discover and develop revolutionary new drugs that target activated genes in cancer and other rare diseases for customized treatment. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual, who thrives in a fast-paced and growing environment to join our team.
This key member in our discovery team, will provide critical data package to support pre-clinical development of key discovery assets at BridgeBio to support IND enabling. The individual is expected to apply skills of biochemistry and cell biology in a creative and hard-working laboratory environment. This position requires a person who is enthusiastic and thrives in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented and scientifically challenging environment.
- Propose, design and execute decision-making experiments to address aspects of basic and translational biology of drug targets, molecular pathways, and relevance to human cancers.
- Collaborate closely and work in multi-disciplinary teams with other members of R&D teams and our external partners to ensure meeting aggressive project deliverables.
- Establish and utilize appropriate preclinical models to study target and pathway biology, mechanism of action and drug-target interaction.
- Significantly contribute to the identification of potential patient population/responders by studying target expression, drug sensitivity and resistance and predictive biomarkers.
- May lead a project team or a sub-team within a project team
- Manage and coordinate external collaborations
Education and experience
- Ph.D. in Cancer Biology or related field with 1-3 years of related experience or equivalent education and experience. Outstanding candidates with an MS degree with exceptional qualifications will be considered as well.
- Previous pharma/biotech industry experience in drug research and development, especially in small molecule drug discovery setting, or productive postdoc experience with exposure to concept and practice of targeted cancer therapy is preferred.
- Previous experience in signaling pathway and their relevance in cancer is strongly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills.
- Ability to succeed in an agile, fast-paced and collaborative biotech environment.
- Advanced training in contemporary scientific discipline with emphasis on cancer research.
- Strong Cell and Molecular Biology background and hands-on experience including, but not limited to, in vitro biochemical assays and cell-based assays, nucleic acid and protein analyses, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, stable cell line generation, overexpression/knockdown, and CRISPR knockout platforms.
- Experience with primary human cancer cells and patient-derived models is highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience in employing genomic and genetic information and molecular profiling/multi-omics profiling for preclinical model selection and characterization.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in study and interpret multiple endpoints including proliferation, apoptosis, differentiation, invasion, stem-ness.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: targeted cancer therapeutics, patient segmentation, biomarker development, resistance characterization, rational combination.
- In vivo biology experience is a plus.
BridgeBio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please click here.