BridgeBioX is a recently formed discovery research group where BridgeBio leverages extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
Do you want to be a part of the next-level discovery team to test “moonshots” in genetic disease at BridgeBioX? We seek an entrepreneurial and experienced leader to work on high-risk, high-reward pulmonary and metabolic programs within a culture that celebrates failures, as long as they were scientifically rigorous and conclusive. The projects within this team need someone with a demonstrated record of bringing early discovery research towards development candidate selection and preferably involved in multiple INDs. We’re looking for a hands-on manager and leader to guide highly productive and focused scientists to advance our drug discovery program.
You will lead the discovery and development of assays for some of the most challenging and high-impact genetic diseases and move forward with our early discovery, pre-clinical programs. At the same time, you will be able to leverage cutting-edge technologies both internally and through collaboration, and learn from industry veterans who have taken dozens of drugs to market. If you want to be on the ground floor as we build this internal capability at BridgeBio, we want to hear from you.
- Drive basic research towards the clinic at hyper-speed
- Lead highly-driven scientists and direct research projects on cross-functional teams from early discovery to development candidate (DC)
- Identify and implement novel areas, technologies, and approaches for validating target modalities to support therapeutics' development, including leveraging varieties of biophysical and biochemical techniques
- Drive overall pre-clinical strategy while building out this novel function within BridgeBio
- Contribute to the build-out of our new lab space with relevant equipment
- Communicate findings and implications to senior leadership
- Collaborate with the multiple teams within the BridgeBio environment to assess and understand a variety of pulmonary and metabolic diseases
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D., MD, or Ph.D./MD degree and expertise in a relevant scientific field
- 5-10 years post-Ph.D. experience, including at least 5 years in the industry
- Understanding of human genetics in disease areas such as liver, fibrosis, and metabolic diseases to identify and validate therapeutic targets
- Demonstrated record of advancing multiple drug discovery programs from target validation through clinical candidate selection as evidenced by INDs, first-author publications, grants, patents, scholarships, or awards
- Knowledgeable and skilled in designing and conducting in vivo studies for selected genetic diseases and ex vivo cell-based assays.
- Start-up experience a plus
- Experience with assay development in human iPSC is a plus
- Experience with multiple modalities is a plus
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.