BridgeBioX is a recently formed discovery research group where BridgeBio leverages extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
We seek an entrepreneurial BD & Ops leader to lead the next-level discovery team to test “moonshots” in genetic disease at BridgeBio. This is a unique opportunity to combine your solid scientific background with conceptual problem-solving skills. You will build and lead early-stage initiatives that tackle some of the most challenging and high-impact genetic diseases and help bring our early discovery, preclinical programs to the next level.
You will own & shape scientific, operational, and external-facing facets of value-driving subsidiaries, including the business plan, scientific plan, strategy, budget, and more. A keen understanding of molecular biology and willingness to interpret & question scientific strategy will be vital. Other responsibilities will include competitive intelligence, financial modeling, leading team meetings, and managing academic and industry relationships. You will be relied upon to be a detailed and rational problem-solver who thinks independently, improvises, and inspires excellence.
- Set, prioritize and manage milestones & deliverables for team members in one or more subsidiary companies
- Coordinate team meetings and delegate to technical experts in one or more subsidiary companies
- Interpret, collate, and communicate critical data findings in a concise manner to senior management
- Ability & desire to identify problems, locate the resources and find data-driven solutions independent of supervision
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D. from top tier academic institutions or scientific undergrad with commensurate work experience
- Operating/Program management experience working with a close-knit team at a biotech startup or top tier pharma
- Management Consulting or Banking experience from leading tier firm
- You are patient-driven - Everything we do impacts the life of a
- You have a detailed curiosity for science - (you devour journals
- for breakfast)
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive in an intense
- environment - whatever your background, you are pressure tested.
- You are a master ‘improvisor” - so much of the drug development
- the world is unpredictable; you must be comfortable with a large degree
- of ambiguity
- You have the confidence to chart your own course - you can
- identify problems, locate the resources, and find data-driven
- solutions independent of supervision
- Unrivaled sense of urgency - like our unique drug development
- processes, our employees need to optimize for speed
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.