BridgeBio discovers, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company combines remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines.
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBio recently formed a discovery research group called BridgeBioX. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet need across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
Do you want to be a part of the next-level discovery team to test “moonshots” in genetic disease at BridgeBio? We seek an entrepreneurial Lead Scientist to work on these high-risk, high-reward programs within a culture that celebrates failures, as long as they were scientifically rigorous and conclusive. The projects within this team need someone with strong expertise in science, deep knowledge in biochemistry and molecular biology, and expertise in cutting-edge techniques in sequencing, microscopy, iPSCs, structural biology, etc.
You will lead discovery and development assays for some of the most challenging and high-impact genetic diseases and bring our early discovery, pre-clinical programs to the next level. Suppose you have expertise in developing and optimizing various biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular assays. We want to be on the ground floor as we build this internal capability at BridgeBio. In that case, we want to hear from you.
- Drive basic research towards the clinic at hyper speed
- Independently design, execute and analyze experiments within our top-notch laboratory
- Communicate findings and implications to senior leadership
- Help drive overall pre-clinical strategy
- Collaborate with the business development team to assess and understand a variety of pulmonary and metabolic diseases
- Use a variety of biochemical, cellular, genetic, and pharmacological techniques to advance multiple candidates from discovery research to clinical development
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D., or Ph.D./MD degree and expertise in a relevant scientific field (e.g., cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, chemical biology)
- 2+ years of postdoctoral experience in the relevant research field
- Demonstrated record of achievement as evidenced by first-author publications in top tier journals, grants, scholarships, or awards
- Experience with a wide range of biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology techniques, functional assay development, immunohistochemistry (IHC), ELISA, Western blot, qPCR, RT-PCR, and RNA-seq
- Proficiency in electrophysiology assays, e.g., “patch-clamp” assays
- Experience working with induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) (generation and validation, maintenance, and differentiation), differentiated subtypes, or primary cells is a plus
- Preferably (but not required) have exposure to antibody discovery or pre-clinical development of biologics
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.