BridgeBio Gene Therapy, a subsidiary of BridgeBio Pharma, is focused on discovering and developing drugs for patients with grievous genetic diseases. We do this by:
Finding the right starting points to target diseases at their source.
Using a combination of a systematic assessment of the genetic disease landscape and informed diligence on the latest research, we find indications with clear mechanisms of pathogenesis that are ripe for translation into disease-modifying drugs.
Building products with world-class R&D personnel.
We employ industry-leading scientists that work closely with leading academics to prosecute a wide variety of drug programs at the highest level of scientific rigor. Our team combines biopharmaceutical veterans with up-and-coming leaders to drive entrepreneurial thinking grounded by experience.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas, including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are
The pre-clinical Associate Scientist will be responsible for all technical laboratory activities to support BridgeBio’s growing gene therapy portfolio. The incumbent will report to the Associate Director, Preclinical Gene Therapy, and work closely with other team members to develop and evaluate new therapeutic candidates in pre-clinical models to select final candidates for clinical evaluation. You will be in a hands-on, laboratory-based research position in our Raleigh, NC laboratory.
- Evaluate gene therapies using in vitro cell culture assays, including planning, data analysis, interpretation, and technical troubleshooting, to support formal R&D activities
- Utilization of SOPs for handling and testing of animal samples and AAV materials via RT-qPCR, western, or ELISA to support pre-clinical development
- Design, development and optimize protocols of new technical capacities for the assessment of lead gene therapy candidates
- Assist in the development and validation of in vivo mouse models
- Author development reports, SOPs and qualification plans, and reports
- Interface closely with other team members to communicate results to ensure on-time completion of goals
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements
- BS/MS in virology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related field with 5-8 years of experience
- Cell culture experience, including handling, transfection, and transduction techniques using Adeno-Associated Virus and/or Lentiviral systems
- Proficiency in protein expression assessments (western blot, ELISA, flow cytometry) is essential for this position. Specific experience with Octet is preferred
- Proficiency in molecular techniques, including gDNA/RNA isolation procedures, detection assays (ddPCR, qPCR), is essential
- Experience with pre-clinical mouse models and animal husbandry is beneficial
- Must be able to accurately document procedure and archive data in digital formats
- Attention to detail and adherence to protocols are expected
- Applicants should be self-motivated, organized, have strong interpersonal skills, good problem-solving skills, effective written and oral communication, an understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements, and an understanding of AAV biology
What We Offer
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so