BridgeBio Pharma, Inc.
San Francisco, California
BridgeBio Pharma is a team of experienced drug discoverers, developers and innovators working to create life-altering medicines that target well-characterized genetic diseases at their source. BridgeBio was founded in 2015 to identify and advance transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from Mendelian diseases, which are diseases that arise from defects in a single gene, and cancers with clear genetic drivers. BridgeBio pipeline of over 15 development programs includes product candidates ranging from early discovery to late-stage development.
Who You Are:
AD of Training will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a track record of success in learning & development function within the biopharmaceutical industry. She/he must have the proven ability to attain deep clinical expertise in assigned disease states/products, effectively manage complex projects, influence stakeholders without authority, effectively network across the organization and communicate within a fast-moving and dynamic environment. She/he should have a strong understanding of pharmaceutical sales.
What we offer:
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts; and let science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs.
- Fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead and supported in their efforts to do so.
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
Reporting into the Director of Training, The Associate Director will be accountable for planning, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating training programs for primarily Commercial (may also include Medical/Clinical) field employees that report into the BridgeBio family of subsidiary companies.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Training and Development strategy for the organization, building the product and market knowledge as well as the communication skills required to effectively engage health care professionals (HCPs) and execute on brand strategies
- Initial focus will be heavily on the pre-launch training programs
- Develop and establish training initiatives that build deep clinical expertise and translate commercial strategy to actionable behaviors
- Design and improve training programs utilizing innovative training methods and adult learning principles
- Assist with the build-out of continuous learning platform to offer flexible just in time learning that caters to individual development needs
- Proactively partner with Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs and Clinical Development to identify knowledge gaps and work with Commercial and other functional partners to address them
- Ensure training initiatives are effective and compliant with regulatory guidelines through collaboration with functional partners including Medical, Regulatory and Legal/Compliance
- Partner with subject matter experts and departments to identify training opportunities and strive to continuously improve training solutions
- Effectively source and manage external vendors to partner in the development of training curriculum and programs
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in commercial or medical functions within the Biotech/Pharma industry, field sales experience is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in training, experience in field team training preferred
- Strong clinical acumen and ability to grasp complex scientific topics
- Ability to lead and successfully manage complex projects and training vendors
- Exhibit passion and empathy to build meaningful experiences for trainees by understanding their needs and learning styles
- Proactive, results-oriented self-starter motivated by a challenging task and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and self-awareness
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with and supporting a Leadership team
Other: Commitment to comply with all laws, regulations and relevant policies that govern the conduct of BridgeBio activities
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel approximately 20%