About BridgeBio Gene Therapy & BridgeBio Pharma
BridgeBio Gene Therapy, a subsidiary of BridgeBio Pharma, is focused on discovering and developing drugs for patients with grievous genetic diseases. We do this by:
Finding the right starting points to target diseases at their source.
Using a combination of a systematic assessment of the genetic disease landscape and informed diligence on the latest research, we find indications with clear mechanisms of pathogenesis that are ripe for translation into disease-modifying drugs.
Building products with world-class R&D personnel.
We employ industry-leading scientists that work closely with leading academics to prosecute a wide variety of drug programs at the highest level of scientific rigor. Our team combines biopharmaceutical veterans with up-and-coming leaders to drive entrepreneurial thinking grounded by experience.
BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
The Senior Scientist - AAV Research reports to the Senior Director of Research. This role is primarily a hands-on, laboratory-based position at BridgeBio Gene Therapy (BBGT) located in Raleigh. The Senior Scientist - AAV Research will closely collaborate with the R&D and CMC teams, applying their knowledge and technical competency as well as their innovative attitude to support the advancement of BBGT’s delivery platform. The Senior Scientist embodies the BridgeBio values: patients first, let science-speak, think independently, radical transparency, every minute counts.
- Provide a deep scientific understanding of AAV biology
- Have a strong interest in performing lab-based work
- Develop creative solutions to current platform impediments such as productivity, purity, potency, tissue specificity, redosing, and durability
- Expand BBGT’s toolbox of technologies to gain access to new therapeutic areas and alternative therapeutic gene delivery methods
- Maintain awareness of the scientific literature as it pertains to this role
- Mentor and develop Scientists/Associate Scientists on a growing team
- Enjoy working collaboratively towards common goals
- Be driven to improve the lives of our patients and their families
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- MS or Ph.D. in a relevant focus area
- Proficiency in recombinant AAV methods, including aseptic tissue culture
- Competence in AAV production in insect cells is a plus
- Experience in capsid evolution is desired
- A strong background in and an appreciation for nucleic acid techniques
- Know-how in Next-Generation Sequencing is highly desirable
- Programming experience is desirable
- Attention to detail, meticulous interpretation of scientific data, strong problem-solving skills, and thorough documentation practice
- A team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- A healthy level of self-confidence paired with receptiveness to feedback
- A good listener with a positive attitude who strives to foster a culture of innovation
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.