BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
The People Team plays a critical role in enabling BridgeBio to achieve its mission. We empower BridgeBio people and teams to do their best work by attracting, engaging, and developing fantastic team members. Our challenge as a People team is to find the balance between autonomy and bureaucracy. We must adopt policies and processes that improve efficiency, ensure compliance, and enable success while eschewing those that unnecessarily remove autonomy from our Affiliates and slow down our programs. The Senior Director, People Operations & Compliance will play a central role in finding this balance by taking the lead in designing and operating the optimal core People processes.
- The Senior Director, People Operations & Compliance will play a pivotal role in helping the People Team reach our broader BridgeBio mission, including:
- Strategy: We first need to figure out where we are going. For our key People processes for which you are responsible, you will understand the current approach and any challenges or gaps we face. You will then develop the objectives and strategy for change.
- Policy and process design: We next need to figure out how to get there. Working alongside stakeholders within the People team and our partners, you will design efficient and effective People policies and processes, creating the proverbial ‘order from the chaos.’ These processes must support our overarching philosophy of focusing on the science (and reducing administrative bureaucracy)
- Operations: Once we design the policies and processes, we need to manage them efficiently and effectively. You will take responsibility for ensuring that our People operations, including compensation and benefits, run smoothly.
- Compliance: We must have the proper controls and procedures in place to comply with local and national laws and regulations. You will serve as the lead for the People team on all things compliance-related, including SOX and compliance reporting (e.g., EEO, 1094s, non-discrimination testing, 5500, SF HCSO). This includes staying ahead of upcoming changes in regulations. As a part of this, you will become an expert on ISS, MSCI, and other similar external analytics models.
- Technology Solutions: We need integrated technology solutions to scale effectively over time. You will ensure that our HR / People systems (including our HRIS) will enable our success. If it won’t, then you will take the lead on getting us ones that will.
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- A successful Senior Director, People Operations & Compliance will be exceptional at:
- Displaying Empathy: Our brand is built on showing empathy (for both employees and patients). This is ‘table stakes.’
- Solving complex problems: Building a highly effective organization takes work. People are complex, as are people-related challenges. You must be able to understand, structure, and solve complex problems.
- Process design: We need efficient people processes, not bureaucracy. You must have the ability to develop efficient processes across a range of people-related areas.
- Analytics: We strive to base all of our decisions on data. You must have the ability to analyze data and surface relevant insights.
- Taking ownership: We don’t micromanage. You must take ownership of your work and drive it forward independently.
- Communication: Coming up with great ideas is just the first part of the journey. You must produce compelling verbal and written communications to turn ideas into action.
- Client Service: We exist to support our colleagues, not the other way around. You must have a client-service mindset, focused on doing whatever you can do to help your colleagues succeed.
- Building relationships: We won’t be successful if we operate in a vacuum. We need to build strong relationships with colleagues across the organization. You must be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships.
- Getting it done: We work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. You must be able to operate in ambiguity and simply get things done.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment that requires critical and analytical thinking (e.g., startup, rigorous graduate program, top-tier consulting firm)
- Knowledge of state and federal employment regulations and laws
- Deep experience with managing regulatory audits (e.g., SOX)
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures
- Proven track record in implementing and scaling HR processes, operations, and systems (e.g., HRIS, payroll)
- 8+ years of experience in HR operations and compliance
- 3+ years of management experience
- Ideally, PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certification
- Ideally, experience in biotech/pharma
- Bachelor’s degree
The Senior Director, People Operations & Compliance should have the following:
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.