BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Research Associate / Senior Research Associate to contribute to drug discovery activities to develop novel small molecule cancer therapeutics as part of our cancer biology discovery team.
The successful candidate will collaborate with team members to conduct various in vivo and ex vivo oncology research techniques, including biochemistry, molecular, cellular biology, and rodent oncology models.
This position also requires some lab management and operational tasks. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced, and growing environment to join our team.
- Execution of in vivo (tumor implantation, dosing (e.g., IV, PO, SC, IP), and blood sampling) and ex vivo pharmacology experiments (target and mechanism engagement) to assess the inhibition or activation of novel targets in the oncology setting
- Assist in the planning and design of experiments mainly using (but not limited to) small molecule therapeutics
- Assist in ex vivo tissue processing and in vivo rodent model development and use
- Graph, interpret and communicate experimental data in collaboration with supervisor
- Maintain records in written and electronic laboratory notebooks
- Manage lab inventory and equipment
- Understand and implement applicable regulations around animal care/safety/handling
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- A highly motivated, committed individual with good organizational skills
- BS/MS in a biology-related discipline
- BS and four years, or MS and one-year hands-on experience in a cell/molecular biology laboratory (oncology setting highly preferred)
- Experience with oncology in vivo models: xenografts and syngeneic, tumor measurements, ex-vivo pharmacodynamics
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, test article formulation, protein expression quantification (ELISA, MSD, FACS), RT-PCR, and western blot/immunoprecipitation
- Industry experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.