Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBioX is a recently formed discovery research group where BridgeBio leverages extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
Do you want to be a key partner on the next-level discovery team to test “moonshots” in genetic disease at BridgeBio? We seek an innovative, collaborative, and detail-oriented Associate of Discovery Research to work on high-risk, high-reward genetic programs within a culture that celebrates failures as long as they were scientifically rigorous and conclusive. The projects within this team need a scientist with strong communication skills to transform novel scientific hypotheses into testable experimental plans, summarize relevant literature and competitive intelligence, and attend conferences to keep up to date on the latest advances. We’re looking for a scientist who loves coming up with conclusive go/no-go experimental plans, who then collaborates with our laboratory team to execute the details.
This is an excellent opportunity to collaborate with our business development team alongside brilliant scientists while learning more about the drug discovery process. If you want to be on the ground floor as we build our early discovery capability at BridgeBio, we want to hear from you.
- Translate high-level program development outlines into detailed experimental plans
- Interface with internal and external R&D teams to guide the design and execution of experiments
- Review, analyze, and interpret data with the guidance of leading academic experts
- Summarize and communicate experimental results to senior leadership in writing and with GraphPad and PowerPoint
- Identify KOLs and subject area experts for advisory roles and collaborations
- Perform due diligence on competitors
- Develop theses recommending mechanistic hypotheses for diseases of interest
- Regularly review and summarize relevant literature and competitive intelligence
- Attend relevant conferences and communicate key developments to leadership
- Collaborate with the multiple teams within the BridgeBio environment to assess and understand a variety of genetic diseases
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D. from top tier academic institutions or scientific undergrad with commensurate work experience
- Operating/Program management experience working with a close-knit team at a biotech startup or top tier pharma
- Management Consulting or Banking experience from leading tier firm
- A willingness to spend hours digging into the scientific literature and reporting on key findings and hypotheses
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.