About BridgeBioX and BridgeBio Pharma
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBio recently formed a discovery research group called BridgeBioX. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
Do you want to be a part of the next-level discovery team to test "moonshots" in neurological genetic diseases at BridgeBioX? We seek an entrepreneurial biomarker scientist to develop and deploy translational strategies for our neurology pipeline. You will lead assay development to understand target binding, pharmacodynamic, mechanism of action, patient selection and segmentation, impact on disease progression, and other pre-clinical biomarker studies through a combination of internal and external efforts. We hope to hear from you.
- Help drive overall neuroscience biomarker strategy
- Develop biomarkers for target engagement, pharmacodynamics, patient selection and segmentation, and disease-relevant function for early- and late-stage neuro projects
- Be an integral member of cross-functional project teams aimed at advancing potential therapeutics to the clinic in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Manages relationships with CROs on assay development and analysis as needed
- Contributes to the drafting of translation- and biomarker-related sections in pre-clinical study-related and regulatory documents
- Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D., MD, or Ph.D./MD degree and expertise in a relevant scientific field with 3+ years of related work experience in pharma or biotech environment
- Strong scientific background and achievements in neuroscience and biomarker assay development ideally demonstrated by scientific publications, presentations, and/or patents
- Knowledge of broad biomarker approaches and enabling technologies
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve complex technical problems and champion innovative technologies to achieve project goals
- Ability to work on multiple programs concurrently and meet timelines
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.