BridgeBioX is a recently formed discovery research group where BridgeBio leverages extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet needs across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
Do you want to lead a next-level discovery team to test “moonshots” in genetic disease at BridgeBio? We seek an entrepreneurial and experienced Head of Oligonucleotide Biology (title flexible!) to work on high-risk, high-reward anti-sense oligonucleotide (ASO) programs within a culture that celebrates failures, as long as they were scientifically rigorous and conclusive. The projects within this team will need someone with experience driving early discovery research towards development candidate selection and preferably has been involved in multiple INDs. We’re looking for a hands-on manager and leader to guide highly productive and focused scientists to advance our drug discovery programs.
You will lead discovery and development assays for some of the most challenging and high-impact genetic diseases and move forward with our early discovery, pre-clinical programs. If you want to be on the ground floor as we build this internal capability at BridgeBio, we want to hear from you.
- Drive basic research towards the clinic at hyper-speed
- Lead oligonucleotide chemistry functions for anti-sense discovery projects, including conception, planning, design, execution, and troubleshooting of experiments to support pre-clinical evaluation of anti-sense oligonucleotides (ASOs) and their transition into clinical development
- Communicate findings and implications to senior leadership
- Provide scientific direction and leadership for oligonucleotide and synthetic chemistry activities of internal & external FTEs
- Collaborate with colleagues across discovery research to develop delivery methods and optimize oligo therapeutics for unmet needs in diverse therapeutic areas
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D., MD, or Ph.D./MD degree and expertise in a relevant scientific field (e.g., chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, etc.)
- 5 to 15 years post-PhD experience, preferably in the industry
- In-depth knowledge in oligonucleotide technology, such as anti-sense oligonucleotides (ASO), siRNA, and other nucleic acids, including genomics/informatics analyses related to design and experience in testing oligos across pre-clinical model systems
- Demonstrated record of achievement as evidenced by INDs, first-author publications, grants, patents, scholarships, or awards
- Previous experience coordinating chemistry and biology data to support oligonucleotide compound progression and patent strategies
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.