BridgeBio discovers, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company combines remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines.
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBio recently formed a discovery research group called BridgeBioX. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet need across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
Do you want to be a part of the next-level discovery team to test “moonshots” in genetic disease at BridgeBioX? We seek entrepreneurial scientists to work on high-risk, high-reward programs. The projects within this team require deep knowledge in genetics, biochemistry, and molecular biology, as well as expertise and interest in applying cutting-edge techniques (e.g., sequencing, microscopy, mass spec).
You will lead and contribute to discovery and development of therapeutics in some of the most challenging and high-impact research areas. We hope to hear from you.
- Drive basic research towards the clinic at hyper-speed
- Independently design, execute and analyze experiments within our laboratory
- Communicate findings and implications to senior leadership
- Help drive overall pre-clinical strategy
- Collaborate with the business development team to assess and understand a variety of genetic diseases
- Use a variety of biochemical, cellular, genetic, and pharmacological techniques to advance multiple candidates from discovery research to clinical development
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D., MD, or Ph.D./MD degree and expertise in a relevant scientific field (e.g., biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical biology, neuroscience, biophysics, biological/chemical engineering, etc.)
- 2+ years of postdoctoral experience
- Industry experience is a plus
- Demonstrated record of achievement as evidenced by first-author publications in top tier journals, grants, scholarships, or awards
- Experience and familiarity with techniques used for protein purification is a plus
- Experience with a wide range of biophysical (mass spectrometry (MS), surface plasmon resonance (SPR), microscale thermophoresis (MST) dynamic light scattering (DLS)) and plate-based biochemical (FRET, MSD, ELISA) techniques is a plus
- Experience with a wide range of biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology techniques, assay development, such as immunohistochemistry (IHC), ELISA, Western blot, qPCR, RT-PCR, and RNA-seq
- Proficiency in microscopy a plus (confocal, high content screening, etc.)
- Specialized functional assay skills in tissue-specific models ( electrophysiology in neurons, patch clamp for cardiomyocytes, contractile assays for muscle, etc.)
- Experience working with induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) (generation and validation, maintenance, and differentiation) is a plus
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.