BridgeBio discovers, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company combines remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines.
Leveraging extensive inherited disease experience and an established drug development infrastructure, BridgeBio recently formed a discovery research group called BridgeBioX. The vision of BridgeBioX is to use cutting-edge biology to develop breakthrough medicines in genetic diseases with high unmet need across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and cardiology. BridgeBioX is building out lab space on the Stanford Life Sciences campus to create a hybrid industry-academic environment where scientists from the top labs around the world can collaborate with senior BridgeBio leadership and advisors.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
Are you someone that thrives in fast-paced and start-up environments? Do you want to make a difference in patients with genetic diseases? We seek a hard-working and detail-oriented Associate Scientist/Scientist to work on high-risk, high-reward programs within a culture that celebrates failures as long as they were scientifically rigorous and conclusive. Our team of Scientists needs someone with expertise in biochemistry and molecular biology techniques to work with and mentor.
You will contribute to discovery and development assays for some of the most challenging and high-impact genetic diseases and bring our early discovery, pre-clinical programs to the next level. Suppose you have expertise in developing and optimizing various biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular assays and want to be on the ground floor to build this internal capability at BridgeBio. In that case, we want to hear from you.
- Help drive basic research towards the clinic at hyper-speed
- Collaborate with Scientists on Assay design and execution
- Support execution, data analysis, and interpretation of experiments within our laboratory
- Communicate findings and implications to senior leadership
- Use a variety of cellular, genetic, and pharmacological techniques to advance multiple candidates from discovery research to clinical development
- Maintain detailed notes, draft protocols for experiments, and plan for required reagents
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- B.S. +3 years of experience, MS +1 years, in a relevant scientific field (e.g., biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical biology, neuroscience, biophysics, cell biology, biological/chemical engineering, etc.)
- Demonstrated record of achievement as evidenced by first-author publications, grants, patents, scholarships, or awards
- Experience in cell culture, transfection, imaging of mammalian cell lines and primary cells
- Experience in cell line construction and selection, virus packaging, and transduction is a strong plus
- Experience with a wide range of biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology techniques, including immunohistochemistry (IHC), ELISA, Western blot, qPCR, RT-PCR, and immunofluorescence
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy, high-throughput drug screening, and/structure biology is desirable but not required
- Experience with data analysis and visualization programs such as Matlab, ImageJ/ImageStudio, python, GraphPad Prism, and PyMol is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with broad BridgeBio research team and to be a strong team player
- Research integrity, enthusiasm, self-motivation, flexibility, and readiness/ability to learn new methods are critical
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.