BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
BridgeBio is looking for a Senior/Principal Scientist that will leverage high-throughput structural biology data with computational tools to validate existing drug targets and identify new ones. This individual will use state-of-the-art computational tools in proteomics and protein structure simulation (e.g., Rosetta, AlphaFold, I-TASSER) to augment genomic and transcriptomic data and software utilized within the team. You will design pipelines and computational experiments, modification of existing tools, as well as the development of novel approaches, will be required. You will conduct in silico experiments to test and validate specific therapeutic hypotheses and differentiate drug candidates based on predicted efficacy and/or safety.
- Independently design, execute and analyze experiments to support scientific decision-making for the BridgeBio Asset Acquisition Team, M&A Team, and subsidiaries of BridgeBio.
- Develop inventive approaches to mine novel insights from protein structure databases, including (but not limited to) new applications for existing drugs, mechanisms of action, off-target toxicity, and binding selectivity
- Own the strategy for leveraging computational structural biology to support drug discovery and development efforts across BridgeBio, and as needed, hire and grow the computational structural biology team
- Communicate findings, methods, and implications to peers and senior leadership
- Provide thought partnership and expertise for understanding the advantages and limitations of the designed computational tools and experiments
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D., or Ph.D./MD degree and expertise in computational structural biology and/or proteomics, or a similar field with at least two years of postdoctoral or industry experience
- Demonstrated record of achievement as evidenced by first-author publications in top tier journals, grants, scholarships, or awards
- Experience with a variety of proteins (i.e., not specialized in structural biology of a single protein)
- Familiar with existing structural protein biology tools
- Comfort and experience with machine learning techniques in general, especially as applied to protein modeling
- Willingness to use off-the-shelf software, as well as develop new strategies to solve problems efficiently
- Experience with computational protein folding methods such as AlphaFold or RoseTTAFold a plus
- Familiar with using AWS, version control (git), and statistical programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Comfortable evaluating and critiquing analytical methods or building solutions as needed to answer scientific questions
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.