BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
BridgeBio is recruiting for two stealth programs that are not yet announced. The first company is developing treatments for a rare disease that causes extreme sensitivity to sunlight. Patients with this disease experience excruciating internal burns after even a few minutes in the sun, and so spend their lives almost entirely inside.
Our first-in-class disease-modifying treatment is in preclinical development and moving quickly - we are aiming for the first dose in humans in a little over a year.
We are hopeful that this therapy could allow patients to live a fully normal life. This role will rapidly give a view of the whole cycle of drug development, from late candidate selection through clinical development within the next two to three years.
The second company is developing a treatment for a severe rare neurological disorder characterized by progressive ataxia and loss of cerebellar brain tissue caused by the defect of a critical enzyme.
This discovery-phase program is focused on proving the treatment mechanism and identifying a lead drug to bring into the clinic to treat patients who currently have no options. This role requires a strong scientific bent as well as a business toolkit and will be in close collaboration with bench scientists to optimize and de-risk the treatment.
- Set, prioritize and manage milestones & deliverables for team members in one or more subsidiary companies
- Coordinate team meetings and delegate to technical experts in one or more subsidiary companies
- Interpret, collate, and communicate critical data findings in a concise manner to senior management
- Ability & desire to identify problems, locate the resources and find data-driven solutions independent of supervision
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Ph.D. or MD from top tier academic institutions or scientific undergrad with commensurate work experience
- Operating/Program management experience working with a close-knit team at a biotech startup or top tier pharma
- Management Consulting or Banking experience from top tier firm
- You are patient-driven - Everything we do impacts the life of a patient
- You have a detailed curiosity for science - (you devour journals for breakfast)
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive in an intense environment - whatever your background, you are pressure tested.
- You are a master 'improviser" - so much of the drug development world is unpredictable, you must be comfortable with a significant degree of ambiguity
- You have the confidence to chart your course - you can identify problems, locate the resources and find data-driven solutions independent of supervision
- Unrivaled sense of urgency - like our unique drug development processes, our employees need to optimize for speed
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.