BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to apply your scientific training to find and develop new therapies for rare diseases and precision oncology? Are you looking for non-bench jobs that still require you to stay connected with the latest science and scientific literature? The Asset Acquisition team at BridgeBio is looking for you.
We are responsible for finding existing and developing novel therapeutic ideas for BridgeBio to pursue on the Asset Acquisition team. Our team plays a central role at BridgeBio and has access to R&D resources and business development teams. We work closely with BridgeBio’s Investment Committee, composed of veteran drug developers and renowned academic scientists.
As a vital member of the group, you will research, evaluate, and advocate for particular investment opportunities and broader therapeutic areas for BridgeBio to target. You will be exposed to all stages of drug development—from initial evaluation to pre-clinical/clinical development to pricing and marketing—making this role a great learning opportunity.
This role is expected to require a mix of remote and in-person work, with regular (e.g. monthly) on-site attendance at our San Francisco office.
- Deeply evaluate all aspects of a therapeutic program—from genetic rationale and pre-clinical evidence all the way to the development plan and clinical trial design
- Advocate for those that fit our goal of targeting the genetic source of a disease by building a scientific and business case for each potential investment
- Interface with leading academics, patient advocacy groups, biotechs, and entrepreneurs
- Lead internal discussions with management and the Investment Committee
- Coordinate and work with a talented team of internal subject-matter experts and R&D leaders—including clinical, commercial, and disease experts—to dive as deeply as needed for each project
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- A strong aptitude for and interest in science
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to express ideas concisely and cogently in writing and with PowerPoint
- An advanced technical degree; Ph.D. is preferred
- Demonstrated record of achievement as evidenced by first-author publications, grants, patents, scholarships, or awards is a strong plus
- Experience in and confidence with working across a wide range of therapeutic areas
- Curiosity, a strong work ethic, a team player, and the ability to deal with uncertainty with grace
- A self-starter who is enthusiastic and loves to learn
- A passion for helping patients
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.