BridgeBio is a biopharmaceutical company founded to discover, create, test, and deliver transformative medicines to treat patients who suffer from genetic diseases and cancers with clear genetic drivers. We bridge the gap between remarkable advancements in genetic science in academic institutions and the delivery of meaningful medicines to patients. Founded in 2015, the company has built a portfolio of 30+ drug development programs ranging from preclinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas including genetic dermatology, precision oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, neurology, pulmonology, and renal disease, with two approved drugs.
Our focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aim to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have U.S. offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, with small satellites in other parts of the country. We also have international offices in Montreal, Canada, and Zug, Switzerland, and are expanding across Europe.
To learn more about our story and company culture, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to contribute to drug discovery activities for the development of novel small molecule cancer therapeutics as part of our cancer biology discovery team.
The successful candidate will collaborate with team members to conduct in vivo and ex vivo oncology research techniques, including biochemistry, molecular, cellular biology, and rodent oncology models.
This position also requires some lab management and operational tasks. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced, and growing environment to join our team.
- Execution of in vivo (tumor implantation, dosing (e.g., IV, PO, SC, IP), and blood sampling) and ex vivo pharmacology experiments (target and mechanism engagement) to assess the inhibition or activation of novel targets in the oncology setting
- Assist in the planning and design of experiments mainly using (but not limited to) small molecule therapeutics
- Assist in ex vivo tissue processing and in vivo rodent model development and use
- Graph, interpret and communicate experimental data in collaboration with supervisor
- Maintain records in written and electronic laboratory notebooks
- Manage lab inventory and equipment
- Understand and implement applicable regulations around animal care/safety/handling
- Patient Champions, who put patients first and uphold strict ethical standards
- Entrepreneurial Operators, who drive towards practical solutions and have an ownership mindset
- Truth Seekers, who are detailed, rational, and humble problem solvers
- Individuals Who Inspire Excellence in themselves and those around them
- High-quality executors, who execute against goals and milestones with quality, precision, and speed
No matter your role at BridgeBio, successful team members are:
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- A highly motivated, committed individual with good organizational skills
- BS/MS in a biology-related discipline
- BS and four years, or MS and one-year hands-on experience in a cell/molecular biology laboratory (oncology setting highly preferred)
- Experience with oncology in vivo models: xenografts and syngeneic, tumor measurements, ex-vivo pharmacodynamics
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, test article formulation, protein expression quantification (ELISA, MSD, FACS), RT-PCR, and western blot/immunoprecipitation
- Industry experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate to hear directly from individuals living with the conditions we are seeking to impact throughout the year and learn how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first, think independently, be radically transparent, every minute counts, and let the science speak
- An unyielding commitment to always putting patients first. Learn more about how we do this here
- A de-centralized model that enables our program teams to focus on advancing science and helping patients. Our affiliate structure is designed to eliminate bureaucracy and put decision-making power in the hands of those closest to the science
- A place where you own the vision – both for your program and your own career path
- A collaborative, fast-paced, data-driven environment where we inspire ourselves and each other to always perform at the top of our game
- Access to learning and development resources to help you get in the best professional shape of your life
- Robust and market competitive compensation & benefits package (Base, Performance Bonus, Equity, health, welfare & retirement programs)
- Flexible PTO
- Rapid career advancement for strong performers
- Potential ability to work on multiple BridgeBio Pharma programs across multiple therapeutic areas over time
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.