BridgeBio Gene Therapy, a subsidiary of BridgeBio Pharma, is focused on discovering and developing drugs for patients with grievous genetic diseases. We do this by:
Finding the right starting points to target diseases at their source.
Using a combination of a systematic assessment of the genetic disease landscape and informed diligence on the latest research, we find indications with clear mechanisms of pathogenesis that are ripe for translation into disease-modifying drugs.
Building products with world-class R&D personnel.
We employ industry-leading scientists that work closely with leading academics to prosecute a wide variety of drug programs at the highest level of scientific rigor. Our team combines biopharmaceutical veterans with up-and-coming leaders to drive entrepreneurial thinking grounded by experience.
BridgeBio finds, develops, and delivers breakthrough medicines for genetic diseases. The company bridges remarkable advancements in genetic science with the entrepreneurial engine required to rapidly create lifesaving medicines for patients with unmet needs. Founded in 2015 by a team of industry veterans, the company has built a portfolio of 20 transformative drugs ranging from pre-clinical to late-stage development in multiple therapeutic areas, including genetic dermatology, oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, renal disease, and ophthalmology. The company’s focus on scientific excellence and rapid execution aims to translate today’s discoveries into tomorrow’s medicines. We have offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, and Raleigh with small satellites in other parts of the country.
To learn more, visit us at https://bridgebio.com
Who You Are:
We seek a hard-working and detail-oriented Laboratory Assistant to support our team of research associates and scientists. We are looking for someone to assist the Lab Operations Manager in equipment maintenance, supply purchasing, and routine laboratory tasks to ensure that the team can move forward quickly with early discovery research projects.
- Assist the Lab Operations Manager in the day-to-day running of the lab
- Assist in maintaining inventory
- Receive packages, stock shelves, move inventory on/off-site
- Maintain a tidy and organized lab space
- Keep high use items stocked around the lab
- Assist in maintaining equipment and calibration schedules
- Wash labware
- Decontaminate cell culture waste
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- AS/BS seeking a new graduate with a degree in Biology or a recent graduate
- 0-3 years of experience or exposure to a lab environment
- Strong technical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-up skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with broad BridgeBio research team and to be a strong team player
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, flexibility, and readiness/ability to take on and learn new things is critical
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Travel- local travel required for maintaining off-site inventory
What We Offer:
- Patient Days, where we are fortunate enough to learn more about the lives we are looking to impact and a real exchange of ideas as to how we can improve our efforts
- A culture inspired by our values: put patients first; think independently, be radically transparent; every minute counts, and let the science speak
- Learning and development training to help employees be the best version of themselves
- Collaborative business environment
- Excellent compensation package (Base, Performance Bonus, Stock, RSU programs)
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- With office locations in San Francisco, Boston, New York, and Raleigh, there are ample cross-collaboration opportunities with other BridgeBio Pharma programs
- A fast-paced, data-driven, work environment with world-class R&D minds and capabilities
- Work with the most productive groups of R&D operators in the industry
- Partnerships with leading institutions
- A platform for meaningful scientific contributions to shine
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion – with initiatives like Women at Bridge, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels respected for who they are, empowered to contribute, inspired to lead, and supported in their efforts to do so
We will not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not send agency resumes to our website or BridgeBio and affiliating employees.